Malala

Dear 5/6W,

Tonight your homework is to watch this video and post your favourite quote from Malala’s speech at the UN.

If you haven’t finished the class work, answer these questions in full sentences and in your own word.

1. Who is Malala?

2. What does she stand for?

3. Do you support her beliefs? Why/wh not?

41 comments

1. georgenadi

1.Malala ia a girl that standed up for women rights and got punished for it
    2.She stands for girl rights
    3.Yes i agree with her because everyone deserves to go to school

2. tomjimnick12

My Answers are…

1. Malala is a teenage girl who comes from Pakistan and now lives in England she is a brave girl that has stood up for education and women rights and has been shot in the head by the Taliban for it she also has won awards for bravery and standing up for her beliefs.
    2. She stands for education for women and rights for women to do things that men can but women cant.
    3. I support her because I think that women should have education and rights to do things that men can as well.

Thomas A

3. Albert lee

1.Malala is a Pakistani school pupil and an journalist.
    2.The word Malala means grief-stricken in Australian
    3.I agree with Malala because girls should have education and learn and be with boys.

4. Thomas mc

Malala is someone who stood up for what she believed and was shot by the Taliban for not obeying there rules.

Malala stood up for girls being able to go to school in Pakistan.

I believe that girls in Pakistan should be able to go to school because the girls in Pakistan could make a big difference to the world.

5. thomasb

Malala was born in on July 12th 1997 in the Swat Valley of Pakistan. Her short lifetime has encompassed devastating changes in her country as it has been transformed from a once peaceful land to a land of Islamic extremism. The Taliban have said Malala, who now lives in Birmingham, England, will be killed if she returns home. But she says she has been given a second life that she intends to use for the good of the people and her dream that all girls everywhere deserve an education. The gunman walked up to the truck asked for Malala and promptly shot here in the head.
    She is now the youngest person to ever receive a Nobel Peace Prize.

Thomas 23 out!!

6. Jess

Who is she?

Malala is a teenage girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban wanting to go to school and get an education. A little bit later on in her life, she wrote a really inspiring speech explaining why girls deserve an education.

What does she stand for?

She stood for all the girls in Pakistan (including herself) who wanted to go to school and get an education.

Do I support her beliefs?

100% yes because girls should be allowed to get an education and feel safe and happy. In my opinion, I think it’s sexist that only boys are allowed to go to school over there, and as a girl I think that’s really terrible, cruel and unfair.

7. will moloney

Malala is a 17 year old you stood up for girls right to go to school

Malala is some who believed in a girls right to go to school

i believe that girls have as importance in education than men

8. tommy101

Who Is Malala?
    1. Born: July 12, 1997 (age 17), Mingora, Pakistan
    2. Education: Edgbaston High School
    3. Books: I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
    4. Parents: Tor Pekai Yousafzai, Ziauddin Yousafzai
    5. Awards: Sakharov Prize, National Malala Peace Prize, more
    6. Nominations: Nobel Peace Prize, International Children’s Peace Prize
    Malala Yousafzai is a 16 year old girl born in Mingora, Pakistan.
    On October 9, 2012, on her way home from school, a man boarded the bus Malala was riding in and demanded to know which girl was Malala. When her friends looked toward Malala, her location was given away. The gunman fired at her, hitting Malala in the left side of her head; the bullet then traveled down her neck. Two other girls were also injured in the

9. Matthew

1.Who is Malala?
    Malala Yousafzai is a 17 year old girl that has been trow much more than a normal girl she was shot by the talaban in the head and survived.
    2.What does she stand for?
    An education for girls
    3.Do you support her beliefs why/why not?
    Yes i belief that everyone is equal and every on should get a education

10. Alana P

1) Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani school girl supporting girls education.
    2) Malala stands for women’s rights and believes that all girls should be able to go to school.
    3) I agree with Malala and support her beliefs because I don’t think its fair that boys can go to school and girls can’t.

11. Harry

1 Who is Malala. Malala is a lady who lives Pakistan , She believed that young girls deserved to go to school and be educated.

2 What did she stand for. Malala lived to believe that girls were the same and deserved to have the same rights as boys.

3 Do you support her belief. Yes i do support her beliefs because girls are the same as boys, we are both types of humans so we should all be treated the same.

12. K13R4N Y34735

1.Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani school girl who stands up for girls going to school but the Taliban very strongly disagree.
    2. Malala Yousafzai stands up to the Taliban. so that girls can go to school but the Taliban strongly disagree.
    3. yes. Because everyone should get a fair go for everything including going to school.
    K13R4N Y34735

13. Will.L

1. Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12, 1997 and now is a 17 years old teenage girl. In Mingora Pakistan, Malala was shot by Taliban so she was flown to a military hospital in Peshawar.To receive further care, she was transferred to Birmingham, England.

14. Eliza

1. Malala is an amazing and gutsy girl who was and still is never afraid to express what she thinks is right, not just for her sake but for everyone’s sake.
    2. Malala Yousafzai stands for female rights especially girls being able to go to school, be treated fairly and get a good education.
    3. I do support Malala’s beliefs because I am a female and it is very unfair if women don’t get a good education and are not treated fairly.
    Eliza

15. Dean

Hi Mr Williams,
    Here are my answers:
    1 Malala is a women’s children’s rights activist who fights for education but was sadly shot in the head but luckily survived .
    Here’s how it happened : the Taliban was targeting girls schools and malala gave a speech for education not long after that she was shot.
    2 Malala stood for women children and education , even as a child she was fighting but on her way home she was shot on the bus.
    3 I do agree with her beliefs because I don’t see a need for not allowing girls to go to schools.

16. Liam

1. Malala is a girl who has stood up for girl school rights. The Taliban did not like this and they shot her in the head. She now lives in England and is still fighting for women rights.
    2. Women education rights.
    3. Yes I believe all girls should go to school and have all the resources and help we have. It should all be even.

17. Savannah

Who is Malala?

Malala is a school student living in Pakistan. On the 9th of October, 2012, Malala boarded her school bus not knowing she might not return home that day. On the way to school a gunman stopped her school bus
    and asked for Malala. He found her and raised his gun. Malala was then shot in her head around the left area of her forehead and then into her shoulder.

What does she stand for?

Malala stands for woman’s rights, especially about girls going to school. Her father is the same. Her beliefs are so strong that her name spread. The next year she was awarded the National Youth Peace Prize.

Do I support her beliefs ?

I do agree with Malala. I think its not fair that woman have less rights then men. We are all the same inside.

18. Marie

1.Who Is Malala ?
    Malala Yousafzai is a young women who stands up for girls rights education. As a child Malala told everyone that she stood up for girls education and one day when she was coming home she got shot in the head by the Taliban who were looking for her.

2.What does she stand for ?
    Malala stands up for girls who do not have education and she would like them to have education.

3.Do you support her beliefs?
    Yes, I do think that girls should have education because girls should be treated the same as men too. Girls can change the world and if do girls need education.

19. Charlotte

1. Malala is a young girl who was brave and who stood up for education but it was very hard for her and difficult back then.
    2. Malala stood up for all those girls, including herself that we need education and be the same as everyone else who has it.
    3. I do support her because I do think girls should have education just like boys, and she stood up and wasn’t afaid.

20. bridget

1 malala for girls school rights she was born july 12 1997 and is now a 17 year old girl.
    2women education rights.
    3 yes i believe all girls should go to school.
    bridget

21. LACHIE101

1.Malala is a teen age school girl who lived in Pakistan , she was an education activist who stood up to the Taliban for what she belived.
    2. Malala stands for girls who can’t go to school she stands against the Taliban so that girls can go to school.
    3. Yes I do agree with malala because I think all girls should have the right to learn and get an education because every person is equal.

Lachie

22. Sarah

I have finnished the class work, so I am just going to write my favorite quote.

‘Malala day,is not my day. Today is the day, of every woman, every boy, and every girl, who have raised their voice, for their rights.

23. Gabby

1.Malala is a girl age 16 and lives in Pakistan. In 2012 she got shot in the head by the Taliban.
    2.Malala stood against the Taliban and said that women have I right to go to school.
    3.Yes. I definitely agree with Malala because I am a girl myself and it would be the most unfair thing in the world if girls weren’t aloud to go to school and not get the education that they need.

24. Savannah

“It takes one teacher, one student, one book and one pen”
    This is my favorite quote because it shows you how important education is and how education can change the world.

Savannah

25. thomasmc

Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book and one pen can change the world. Education is the only solution.

26. LACHIE101

My favorite quote in that video is

“Malala day,is not my day. Today is the day, of every woman, every boy, and every girl, who have raised their voice, for their rights.”

Because she’s saying that it’s a day not about just her, but also about all the other education activists who stood up to the Taliban and fought for what they believed.
    Lachie

27. Charlotte

My favourite quote is
    “Be peaceful and love everyone”
    Why is this my favourite quote?
    When your peaceful your less likely to be angry and when your peaceful you forgive others

28. Nate

She was a girl who believed girls should go to school and got shot for it
    She stand for everybody to be treated equally
    Yes I do because everyone deserved to go to school

29. Tom

” Malala Day is not my day it is the day for every woman every boy and every girl who have raised their voice for their rights”

30. K13R4N Y34735

I like it how Malala is taking no credit for what she has done and giving the credit to the people that supported her.

31. Alana P

My favourite quote is “The Taliban thought the bullet would silence us, but they failed, and out of that silence came thousands of voices.” because i think this is very true.

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>